Travel documents and crossing the border
• Accordng to the Serbian government desicion (of May 2003), citizens of the EU can enter the territory of the Republic of Serbia and stay there for 90 days in a 180 days period without a visa.
• Citizens of the EU, Norway, Iceland and Switzerland can cross Serbian borders with a valid passport or an ID card. The ID is sufficient for a stay up to 90 days in a 180 days period. Idetification with an ID card instead of the passport does not mean, that the ID card will be accepted at banks, institutions, insurance companies and travel agencies.
• Minors can cross the border on the basis of a valid passport or temporary ID card.
• The Republic of Serbia does not have vignettes. For using highways you must pay a fee at the exit point of your journey. Cards are accepted.
• You must use winter tires in the period between 1.11. to 1.4. and in mountain regions you must have chains for the wheels as well.